About the project
We are a low support women-only housing project in the vibrant area of London Road, Brighton.
Leslie Best House offers 11 one-bedroom flats on a semidetached three-floor residential building. Please, bear in mind that there is no lift at the premises.
How can I get a place here?
All referrals are made through Brighton and Hove City Council. More information on how to access housing.
We are unable to offer permanent accommodation. Living at Leslie Best House is aimed at helping you to get ready for moving into independent housing.
Leslie Best House staff team are available for advice and support during the week, as follows:
- Monday – Thursday 07:30 to 17:00 and Friday 08:00-15:30.
- A Night security receptionist who works Monday to Friday.
As part of your support plan, you will be assigned a woman key worker who will support you on a one on one basis in identifying and achieving goals and to move into independent housing.
We work closely with many organisations across Brighton and Hove in order to provide you with the best support and help you regain your confidence to live independently.
We are a small, cosy and peaceful project.
- We have a small garden at Leslie Best House and are always looking for volunteers to maintain it and get involved.
- There are opportunities to hold summer barbecues with involvement from our residents.
- Brighton YMCA volunteering scheme gives you an opportunity to be involved in the project, while gaining useful skills.
- If you reside at Leslie Best House, you can access our in-house Counselling service based at Head Office.