What is Evolve?
EVOLVE is YMCA Brighton’s Work and Learning Service, based in central Brighton. We provide 1:1 Coaching for adults in supported accommodation, to help them reach their work, learning and volunteering goals.
Our team of Coaches work with people across the city to pursue, achieve and sustain goals around work and learning. We provide a truly personalised, strengths-based service, ensuring service users’ aspirations are at the heart of their support and encouraging them to take ownership of their lives. Through flexible and creative approaches, service users build resilience and embed positive responses to challenges they face on their journey to independence.
EVOLVE also offer a wide range of workshops. Some of these workshops include vision board making, music group, client involvement group and wellbeing walks. Our workshops are the perfect way for clients to try new activities, meet new people and build their confidence.
Service users are supported to access any opportunity to achieve their aspirations through:
- One to one support, weekly or at a pace that suits you
- Varying levels of support to suit individual needs
- Accompanying service users to appointments/courses/interviews.
- Facilitated workshop sessions
- Workshops and events on a wide array of topics, including skills and confidence building, preparation and readiness, as well as creative, wellbeing and therapeutic activities.
- Referrals/signposting into citywide services
- Practical support to access activities or items needed, for example exploring options for travel, clothing, and costs towards accessing training/courses identified.
We have moved to a new venue where you will find a warm, welcoming and digitally-connected hub that connects clients, peer-mentors, volunteers, coaches and partner agencies for 1-1 advice.
- Access to team of Work and Learning Coaches
- Activities and workshops
- Bottomless hot drinks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Workwear/interview clothing scheme
- A positive and person-centred environment where you have choice and control
What to expect?
After we have received your expression of interest form, we will invite you for a welcome meeting, this is an informal chat to get to know you a bit better, to learn about why you want to work with EVOLVE and what your goals are!
If you would like to read our welcome meeting document, please follow the link below.
What is coaching?
We use the GROW coaching model as detailed below.
G – Goal (What is it I want to achieve?)
R – Reality (What am I doing now?)
O – Options (What can I do to reach this goal)
W – Way forward / Will (What will I do)
This is a way to support people working towards and planning for their goals. We offer 1 to 1 coaching sessions to help you achieve your work, learning, and volunteering goals. Coaching is for 1 hour a week for up to 12 months.