We are looking to hire a Full-time Work and Learning Coach, to be part of our EVOLVE Team at YMCA Brighton, this exciting opportunity you will be supporting homeless people across the City to access to learning, volunteering and work opportunities.
Salary: £24,245.60 per annum
Days: Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Annual Leave: 4 weeks plus Bank holidays
The post is based at Evolve St George’s Place YMCA Brighton
You will also receive;
- Comprehensive Induction into the role
- Comprehensive Training package – face-to-face and online training on a wide range of subjects, to ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to carry out your duties and tasks required and further develop your career.
- You will receive regular Supervision Support from your line manager.
- Work in a supportive environment
- An encouraged culture to support staff health & wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to access debriefs, counselling and reflective practices sessions when the job is challenging.
- Staff benefits – a wide range of health & wellbeing services to access
- You will be part of a team of coaches working to empower individuals to pursue, achieve, and sustain their work, learning and volunteering aspirations. Working with individuals to identify their strengths, you will facilitate a truly personalised journey through which individuals can build skills and confidence to move forwards positively in their lives.
- YMCA Brighton EVOLVE service provides 1-1 coaching for up to twelve months, depending on each individual’s goals and circumstances, as well as a time-limited, targeted service for the completion of specific piece of work; a Work and Learning drop-in service; and workshops and events.
- You will manage a caseload drawn from all levels of the service as well as provide advice and support during drop in sessions and running workshops and activities. Occasional working outside of office hours may be necessary in order to offer maximum flexibility to potential and existing coaches.
To find out more about the position please refer to the Work & Learning Coach Job Pack July 2023
To ensure our recruitment is fair, we ask applicants to complete the following optional survey: Recruitment Diversity Monitoring
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November 2023
Interview will take place early December 2023.
If you wish to discuss the vacancy, please get in touch with by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 220900.
We are an equal opportunities employer who constantly strive to be representative of the communities we serve. We value the unique perspectives and talents that people bring from a variety of cultural backgrounds and experiences, and we recognise the added value that diversity continually brings to the organisation.