YMCA Brighton Supported Housing requires a Project Worker to join their team at George Williams Mews, Portslade, Brighton.
Overview of role
George Williams Mews is a supportive housing project that requires a Project Worker to join the team on a full-time basis. The role will entail providing support to clients with a range of needs, including addiction, mental or physical health, welfare benefits, budgeting, cultural/faith needs and move-on. To play a role in maximising the independence and skills of clients, including, where appropriate delivering life skills training and accessing outside support and services. To ensure that the project offers a safe, rehabilitative home for the clients. To work together as part of a team and support other staff in the absence of senior staff.
- Based: George Williams Mews, Portslade
- Salary: £24,952.15 per annum
- Position: Full-Time
- Hours: 40 per week – shift work including sleep-in duties which will receive additional pay
- Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
You will also receive
- Comprehensive Induction into the role
- Comprehensive Training package – face-to-face and online training on a wide range of subjects, to ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to carry out your duties and tasks and further develop your career.
- You will receive regular Supervision Support from your line manager.
- Work in a supportive environment.
- An encouraged culture to support staff health & well-being and a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to access debriefs, counselling and reflective practice sessions when the job is challenging.
- Staff benefits – a wide range of health & well-being services to access.
How to apply:
Please provide your up to date CV with your supplementary information. This should be a separate document approximately 1000 words long. When writing your supplementary information, please refer to the Project-Worker-job pack and specify how you meet this. Please email your up to date CV and Supplementary information to email@example.com
In order to ensure our recruitment is fair, we ask applicants to complete the following, optional survey: Recruitment Diversity Monitoring
Please note the Closing Date: Sunday 8th October 2023.
Interview will take place shortly after the closing date.
If you wish to discuss the vacancy, please get in touch with Recruitment by email or phone at 01273 220900.
We are an equal opportunities employer who constantly strive to be representative of the communities we serve. We value the unique perspectives and talents that people bring from a variety of cultural backgrounds and experiences, and we recognise the added value that diversity continually brings to the organisation.