High quality accommodation and the best support will help you overcome the toughest moments.
We believe that high quality housing teamed with the best support will help everyone discover and achieve their true potential and overcome difficulties they might have experienced.
- We offer shared and self-contained housing, across six projects, to over 300 people in Brighton, Hove and Portslade. All projects are staffed.
- We know that people’s needs vary at different points in their lives. Everyone who lives in our accommodation is offered one-to-one keyworking support. Our project workers are trained to a high standard to provide the best care and support on the journey from supported housing to independent living.
- To reside in one of our supported housing projects, you need some support and are willing to engage with the project team while working towards meeting these needs.
How do I access housing at YMCA Brighton?
All referrals to our housing are made through Brighton and Hove City Council.
If you are in need of housing, please present at the drop-in service in Bartholomew Square Brighton. This service is available between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- The Housing Options telephone service is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday: First Floor, Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JP; email: email@example.com; phone: 01273 294400. Find out more here or click for information on the homemove and shared ownership schemes.
If you meet the criteria for our accommodation, we will invite you for a housing interview. This will give you the opportunity to look around and for us to assess whether the support we offer is right for you.
We offer different types of housing across Brighton and Hove, listed below:
Moving on can seem daunting, especially if you have felt unsafe and unsettled for a long while. We offer a range of opportunities to discuss your move on options, to find out about the newest move on schemes and to share experiences with people who have already been through this process.
- Move on surgeries: These are aimed at ensuring you make the most of your bid on the Homemove scheme. We also offer guidance on how to search the web for private accommodation. We give advice on obtaining funding or grants and how to put together an attractive portfolio for prospective landlords.
- Meeting ex-residents: There are opportunities to meet with people who have already been through our accommodation and have moved on. You can ask questions and find out useful and practical information as well as get an idea about what the process entails from an emotional perspective.
- Move on fair: These day events take place periodically and include attendance from the main housing, support and advice providers in Brighton and Hove. This also is another opportunity to meet people who used to live in YMCA housing. Our staff provide a range of services on the day too, such as help with registering on Homemove, advice on accommodation websites and financial advice, working on a move on pack that should help everyone prepare for independent living.